Technical Support Officer
A Technical Support Officer is required for a 12 month contract role paying up to £26,483.59 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Glasgow.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
As Technical Support Officer with BTP you will be responsible for providing technical options and solutions including the installation and deployment of Technical Assets in support of Criminal investigations, including the requirement to conduct technical feasibility studies and appropriate risk assessments, producing detailed reports to highlight those options and in support of the investigating officer. The post holder will be responsible for the purchase, maintenance, accountability and integrity of Area technical assets utilising force systems. Provide technical advice, support and assistance when required such as the retrieval of problematic CCTV downloads.
As Technical Support Officer you will be required to:
- Provide detailed technical feasibility surveys, including full risk assessments, undertake installation of both overt and covert technical equipment ensuring all deployment methods are authorised, Justified Appropriate Proportionate and Necessary (JAPAN) in compliance with RIPA 2000, the Police Act 1997 and Human Rights policy.
- Prepare and Present evidential products obtained through Technical deployments to support any criminal prosecution and the investigating officer.
- Ensure all Technical assets held, purchased, utilised, loaned are accounted for, approved and fit for purpose and are recorded in an auditable way within the Force Inventory database.
- Provide specialist advice in all aspects of technical support and assist with problematic technical issues such as CCTV downloads.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Technical Support Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Previous technical support officer experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of covert techniques.
- Effective planning and problem solving skills.
- Possess a full driving licence including category C or be willing to undertake and pass category C driving standard.
- Knowledge of RIPA, human rights legislation and law enforcement techniques and practices.
If you are interested in applying to this Technical Support Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £26,483.59
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.