Governance Process Assistant
A Governance Process Assistant is required for a permanent contract role paying £19,918.61 plus £2495 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Governance Process Assistant with BTP you will support the Head of Governance and Governance Process Manager with the day-to-day running of the B Division Governance Department.
To ensure that complaint and misconduct investigation timelines are adhered to and relevant systems are updated, provide support around the implementation of a standard of corporate governance for Property Stores and assist with monitoring the security of information and records retention across the Division.
As a Governance Process Assistant you will be required to:
• Collate progress updates from Investigating Officers (IOs) in relation to any cases they have been assigned, updating the relevant systems accordingly (e.g. Centurion). Maintaining a focus in relation to statutory and internal timescales and working to ensure that IOs adhere to these, escalating any potential issues to the Governance Process Manager where appropriate.
• Assist with the implementation of a process for monitoring and auditing record retention, Information Security and Cycmopa compliance across B Division attending and taking part in audit processes as required. Highlighting any compliance issues and collating progress updates in relation to any recommendations for change that are made and reporting on these updates to the Governance Process Manager.
• Analysis of statistical data relating to all elements of the B Division governance portfolio, establishing data trends and using these to provide comprehensive reports to the Head of Governance and the Governance Process Manager.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Governance Process Assistant will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Flexible approach, with the ability to manage multiple conflicting deadlines and cope under pressure.
• Experience of undertaking audits and utilising these to highlight areas of concern or make recommendations for change.
• Resourceful with the ability work on own initiative and plan/manage own time effectively
If you are interested in applying to this Governance Process Assistant role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary £19,918.61 plus £2495 London Allowance
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period/probation for current substantive posting.