Governance Process Assistant
A Governance Process Assistant is required for a permanent contract role paying £19,918.61 plus £2495 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Governance Process Assistant with BTP you will support the Head of Governance and Governance Managers with the day-to-day running of the B Division Governance Department.
To ensure that complaint and misconduct investigation timelines are adhered to and relevant systems are updated, provide support around corporate governance processes and assist with monitoring the security of information and records retention across B Division.
As a Governance Process Assistant you will be required to:
• Act as the first point of contact for general enquiries, with the ability to provide initial guidance. This includes dealing with enquiries from members of the public, police staff, police officers and partner agencies.
• Managing the Governance Inbox by monitoring, responding to and/or appropriately actioning all emails. This includes the circulation of information to other members of the department and Division, as required.
• Administering and appropriately recording the allocation of standards and conduct investigations whilst maintaining a focus on statutory and internal timescales with regard to public complaints/investigations and ensuring that Investigator’s adhere to these, escalating any potential issues to the Governance Manager where appropriate.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Governance Process Assistant will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Excellent professional integrity with the ability to appropriately handle sensitive data and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to draft informative reports and make recommendations.
• Flexible approach, with the ability to manage multiple conflicting deadlines and cope under pressure.
If you are interested in applying to this Governance Process Assistant role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary £19,918.61 plus £2495 London Allowance
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period/probation for current substantive posting.