Volunteer Programme Manager
A Volunteer Programme Manager is required for a Permanent Contract role paying £29,177.41 plus £2520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Volunteer Programme Manager with BTP you will be responsible for developing, managing and promoting the Force’s national, multi-stranded Volunteer Programme. This includes: Police Community Volunteers (PCV), Police Support Volunteers (PSV), the Work Experience programme, the Volunteer Police Cadet (VPC) programme and the Special Constables Programme (SC).
The post is also responsible for developing force policy for all strands of the Volunteer Programme and managing implementation and compliance.
It is also the BTP’s subject matter expert on volunteer management.
As a Volunteer Programme Manager you will be required to:
• Manage, develop and promote BTP’s Volunteer Programme and all its related strands to the members of public, railway community, stakeholders, both internally and externally to the organisation.
• Support the Complementary Policing Manager in delivering against BTP’s corporate and governance requirements, including reviews of the programme and reports for Chief Officers and COG.
• Manage the Volunteer Programme within relevant budgetary and financial constraints, and work closely with the Complementary Policing Manager to ensure that all required outcomes are met within these financial constraints.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Volunteer Programme Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Proven problem solving and creative thinking skills with the ability to come up with new and innovative solution to problems.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build and maintain relationships at varying levels, both internal and external, often at a distance.
• Ability to network, influence, persuade and enthuse others diplomatically and with integrity.
YOU MUST HAVE VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE OR EXPERIENCE OF MANAGING VOLUNTEERS TO BE SHORT LISTED FOR THE POST.
If you are interested in applying to this Volunteer Programme Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary £29,177.41 plus £2520 London Allowance
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period/probation for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.