Transaction Support Officer
A Transaction Support Officer is required for 8 months on a Fixed Term Contract, paying up to £22,413.61 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Transaction Support Officer you will be required to Support the Transaction Team Leader on financial matters as appropriate to ensure that data on financial systems are timely and accurately captured.
Assist in the production of bank and cash schedules to support interim and annual financial statements and audit packs.
As a Transaction Support Officer you will be required to:
- Assist in the production of bank and cash schedules to support interim and annual financial statements and audit packs.
- Responsible for the processing, interpretation and query management of financial information into force finance and payroll systems, ensuring all financial deadlines are met.
- Daily management of the administration and accurate maintenance of Banking records for Cash Seizure Account and Property Fund, including POCA and cheques ensuring full compliance with BTP’s Business Rules.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Transaction Support Officer will be required to evidence the following skills and experience:
- Communicate confidently both verbally and in writing.
- Develop close relationships with key customers, working with them to develop solutions that need their needs.
- Understanding of accounts payable, cash management and accounts receivables systems and procedures.
If you are interested in applying to this Transaction Support Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £22,413.61 inclusive of London Allowance.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON FRIDAY 30TH JUNE 2017
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.