Payroll Business Support Officer
A Payroll Business Support Officer is required on a permanent basis with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham. Annual salary is £22,853.24 per annum.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Payroll Business Support Officer you will be responsible to provide end-to-end administration for all areas of the payroll cycle including sickness, maternity/paternity, redundancy and leavers. In addition you will be required to provide a professional, consistent and customer focused service across BTP including business focused policy and procedural advice to managers and staff.
As a Payroll Business Support Officer you will be required to:
- Provide a professional, consistent and customer focused service across BTP including business focused policy and procedural advice to managers and staff.
- Responsible for accurately and timely input of Payroll data including timesheets for overtime, Expense forms, All Employee Advice forms supplied by HRBC relating to new starters, leavers and contractual amendments.
- Ensure correct application of BTP, resulting HMRC, statutory and other applicable policies and procedures in the processing of payroll.
- Assist staff and managers in understanding the application and interpretation of Payroll policies and procedures through effective two way communication, in a timely, professional and accurate manner.
- Ensure own activity meets agreed SLA’s and KPI’s taking appropriate corrective action or escalating when required.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Payroll Business Support Officer will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Experience of working in a payroll department including payroll systems.
- Experience of resolving customer enquiries efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work on you own initiative alongside being as part of a team.
If you are interested in applying to this role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Annual salary £22,853.24 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.