Desktop Support Engineers x2
Two Desktop Support Engineers are required for 12 month fixed term contract roles paying £31,672.41 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Desktop Support Engineer with BTP you will provide specialist second line support to 5,000 users across the UK.
As Desktop Support Engineer you will be required to:
- Ensure the timely resolution of second line IT issues
- Document root causes and implement remedies to prevent future incidents
- Roll out new desktops and laptops to staff as appropriate
- Carry out site visits to resolve issues for both operational and non-operational teams
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. Key requirements include:
- Experience of carrying out second line support
- Experience of troubleshooting complex IT issues
- Excellent customer service skills
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary of £31,672.41
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (six months) for current substantive posting.