Designing Out Crime Coordinator
A Designing out Crime Coordinator is required on a permanent basis paying £22,853.24 per annum plus £2,520 London Weighting Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, Camden (NW1).
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Designing out Crime Coordinator with BTP you will be required to coordinate national activity associated with various security accreditation schemes, and provide an administrative support function to the Designing out Crime department including officers and referral Teams.
As a Designing out Crime Coordinator you will be required to:
- To coordinate and support activity associated with the Secure Stations Accreditation Scheme.
- To coordinate and support activity associated with the Safer Parking Accreditation Scheme.
- To coordinate and support activity associated with the Safeguarding on Rail Scheme.
- To support the functions of the Designing out Crime Referral Team by providing administrative support to the Designing out Crime Officers.
- Build positive working relationships with members of police staff and police officers from all levels within the organisation, industry partners, other police forces and external organisations.
- Collate, record and review statistics and other management information as required in relation to crime reduction data.
- Liaison with the Learning and Development Department to ensure training records for departmental staff are up to date.
- To provide administrative support, including minutes for key meetings and conferences related to crime reduction.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Designing out Crime Coordinator will be required to evidence the following skills and experience:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous experience working within a policing environment (desirable)
- The ability to manage multiple work streams at the same time and prioritise key issues in relation to crime reduction.
- The ability to plan and organise work to meet deadlines.
- Possess a high level of IT skills including a good working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Possess a creative way of thinking in order to produce imaginative responses to complex problems.
- Effective team working and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in applying to this role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Annual salary is £22,853.24 per annum plus £2,520 London Weighting Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.