Field Intelligence Officer
A FIELD INTELLIGENCE OFFICER is required for a PERMANENT CONTRACT role paying up to £25,964.30 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in NEWCASTLE, C DIVISON.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As FIELD INTELLIGENCE OFFICER with BTP you will identify and develop intelligence and information sources by initiating enquiries through overt or covert deployment. You will also gather intelligence proactively utilising a variety of tactics to meet operations and strategic intelligence requirements.
As FIELD INTELLIGENCE OFFICER you will be required to:
- Undertake intelligence enquiries utilising approved operational tactics in line with current legislation, stated cases and guidelines such as RIPA, ECHR, R v Johnson with a view to developing intelligence in support of operations and investigating officers.
- Analyse information, investigate, develop, plan and pursue the correct course of action to support operational information received, seeking a variety of sources to corroborate the information, identify relevant details and build a comprehensive picture in order to make recommendations.
- Maintain and develop close liaison with other departments, offering support and guidance to front line officers in assistance with intelligence led policing operations.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful FIELD INTELLIGENCE OFFICER will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Full current UK Driving License (including category C).
- Ability to work will unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate clear and concise manner of communication
- High standard of written skills including the ability to prepare operational briefings.
- Knowledge of RIPA, Human Rights Act and other intelligence information.
If you are interested in applying to this FIELD INTELLIGENCE OFFICER role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £25,964.30
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.