Real Time Intelligence Researcher
A Real Time Intelligence Researcher is required on a permanent contract paying £23,893.06 per annum plus £2,634.25 London Allowance and 20% Shift allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based at our Force Control Room in Palaestra, Southwark, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As Real Time Intelligence Researcher with BTP you will be required to provide a 24/7 real time intelligence capability by carrying out high quality and timely research from various internal and external sources in connection with the operational requirements of the real time intelligence function across the force.
As a Real Time Intelligence Researcher you will be required to:
- Research, Interrogate, investigate and develop intelligence/information within force systems to support real time intelligence opportunities in support of the Senior Duty Officer, including the ability to fully utilise specialist PNC investigative skills in order to identify offenders and recover stolen property.
- Provide preliminary development of intelligence in support of major/serious or critical incidents including force priorities and objectives.
- Provide timely relevant and accurate briefings to the Senior Duty Officer in response to real time intelligence, in support of efficient management, tasking and deployment of resources.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Real Time Intelligence Researcher will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills in order to produce imaginative responses to complex problems and a proven ability to manage your time and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
Employee communications skills in condensing information into short, succinct memorable summaries, including giving formal briefings to senior officers.
Good organisational and administrative skills.
If you are interested in applying to this role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £23,893.06 per annum plus £2,634.25 London Allowance and 20% Shift allowance.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.