A Solutions Architect is required for a 12 month contract with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London paying up to £62,225.25.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As Solutions Architect you will form part of our Architecture Team, designing and communicating highlevel solutions. You will be specifically focussed on the implementation and roll out of Office 365 across the Force, supporting a large programme team delivering these services. As Solutions Architect you will be responsible for the design and communication of high level structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. Changes to service, process, organisation, operating model and other aspects may be required in addition to technology components, and solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of business processes) are met, any requirements which are not fully met or, and any options or considerations which require a business decision. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
Key activities include:
- To offer solutions aligned with this large scale change programme.
- Designing solutions as part of core application and infrastructure upgrades.
- Ensuring best practice in regards to architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices.
Key requirements include:
- Experience of translating technical requirements into business language.
- Experience of delivering technical solutions within a complex organisation.
- Experience of providing solutions aligned with a cloud migration project.
- Good knowledge of core networking technologies together with an understanding of the key technology providers.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £62,225.25. (£49,383 + £2,634 London Allowance + a SFIA supplement of up to £10,213 depending on skills and experience)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.