Contingency and Event Planner - FTC
British Transport Police (BTP) is the national police force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
We are looking to recruit a Contingency and Event Planner to be based in Central London on a Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2020. The salary for this position is £27, 145.68 with £2,634.25 London Allowance.
The successful candidate will manage contingency, disaster recovery and business continuity planning for the Area. They will maintain a high level of preparedness and inter-agency co-ordination for an effective response to major incidents.
- To ensure that the Area contingency, recovery and continuity plans are kept up to date and appropriate to needs, preparing amendments and additions when required for specific projects and events
- Ensure that the Area Commander and Senior Officers are kept fully aware of national policy, procedures and initiatives in respect of emergency procedures
- Maintain liaison with Train Operating Companies, Railtrack Zones, other businesses affecting the Railway and Health and Safety Executive on behalf of the Area Commander
- Carry out research for the Area Commander
- Act as reference point and help desk for officers employed on the area in respect of major incidents, contingency, disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Take responsibility for Major Incident Training under the line management of the Head of Operations
- Represent the Area on planning groups for Area based events in respect of safety, emergency and contingency planning
- Responsible for the co-ordination of major incident vehicles on Area, equipment and clothing required for emergency preparedness in liaison with Force Headquarters
Please see the attached job description for further information on this vacancy
The successful candidate will be able to evidence the following skills:
- High skill level of operational and strategic planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to research and gather intelligence to assist with contingency planning
- Final salary pension
- Generous holiday allowances (28 days + Bank Holidays)
- Annual salary of £27,145.68 per annum plus £2,634.25 London Allowance
- Various salary sacrifice schemes and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and have lived in the UK for at least three years. You must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.