CCTV Intelligence Operator
A CCTV Intelligence Operator is required on a Permanent Contract paying £23,893.06 per annum plus £2,570 London Allowance and 20% Shift Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London, Ebury Bridge.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a CCTV Intelligence Operator with BTP you will be required to gather collate and disseminate real time intelligence gathered from the pro-active use of live CCTV systems ensuring that the best video evidence and still images are gathered and produced at all times, including determining the evidential value of the product prior to dissemination.
As a CCTV Intelligence Operator you will be required to:
- Have an expert technical understanding of CCTV systems and how they operate in order to identify, track and distribute images in order to anticipate real time incidents using the myriad off CCTV systems.
- Use force databases such as Force Intelligence System, NSPIS command and control maintain an up to date picture of current intelligence and incidents.
- Produce evidential CCTV packages in line with force policies and procedures.
- Provide CCTV operational support to BTP areas for pre-planned operations and events using both CCTV and communications systems.
- Undertake sensitive tasking’s including review of fatalities, allowing a fast time decision to be made and the correct information quickly disseminated.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful CCTV Intelligence Operator will be required to evidence the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working in a busy environment where there are periods of high stress and activity.
- Experience of engaging with individuals of various roles and levels of seniority in an organisation.
- The ability to interpret and identify unusual behaviour
- Self-motivated individual confident in making accurate assessments of fast moving situations and escalating in an appropriate and timely manner.
If you are interested in applying to this CCTV Intelligence Operator role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Annual salary is £23,893.06 plus £2,520 London Allowance and 20% Shift Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.