Corporate Support Officer
A Corporate Support Officer is required for a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract role paying up to £22,637.79 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Albany House South West London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As a Corporate Support Officer with BTP you will provide the Division with an excellent service in purchasing of uniform, goods and services, whilst ensuring value for money is achieved. Ensure that purchase of goods and services are to the appropriate quality standards and specifications.
As Corporate Support Officer you will be required to:
- Support the Business Support Manager in delivering the Divisional expenditure budget.
- Responsible for the processing, interpretation and query management of purchasing and corporate service information into force systems, ensuring full compliance with BTP Business Rules.
- Responsible for the delivery and escalation of all maintenance incidents by ensure compliance to the Corporate Service SLA.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Corporate Support Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Experience in a commercial procurement or corporate service environment
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to respond appropriately to contacts from internal and external customers.
- Time Management, with proven ability of ensuring work is completed in a timely and accurate manner in line with customer expectations.
If you are interested in applying to this Corporate Support Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £22,637.79
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.