Senior Commercial Manager
A Senior Commercial Manager is required on a permanent basis paying up to £59,768.79 (inclusive of Market Supplement and London Allowance) with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Senior Commercial Manager with BTP you will be responsible for undertaking due diligence of all BTP Technology contracts and licences in line with the IT Transformation Programme. You will lead the Technology Department's commercial function, supporting the Senior Leadership Team and Project Teams with their commercial and procurement needs.
As a Senior Commercial Manager you will be required to:
- Analyse data gathered through due diligence phase and develop strategic options plan, including risks, timelines, financial impacts etc.
- Present options to stakeholders and gain agreement on way forward.
- Taking forward and project managing the implementation and delivery of actions required to ensure successful transfer, to include contract change notices, novation and termination.
- Managing strategic/complex contract negotiations and demonstrating commercial acumen in the negotiation and drafting of contracts that promote performance management low costs and higher service levels.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Senior Commercial Manager will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Broad experience of Strategic procurement in a complex and/ or geographically dispersed organization.
- Fully qualified Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing (MCIPS).
- Considerable experience in a senior position within a procurement, commercial or contract management function.
If you are interested in applying to this Senior Commercial Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £50,248.79 per annum plus £7,000 Market supplement and £2,520 London Allowance)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.