IT Service Desk Analyst
An IT Service Desk Analyst is required for an 18 month fixed term contract with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Service Desk Analyst with BTP you will offer technical first line support to 5,000 users across the Force.
Key activities include:
- To offer a first fix service as part of a busy IT Service Desk
- To trouble shoot and offer technical advice accordingly
- To escalate as appropriate to internal technical teams
- To prioritise and document root causes and implementation of remedies to prevent future incidents.
Key requirements include:
- Experience of working in a busy service desk environment
- Experience of providing 1st and 2nd line support for a broad range of mission critical systems and services.
- ITIL Foundation accreditation (preferable)
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £29,563.30 (£25,964.30 + £2,520 London Allowance + a SFIA supplement of up to £1,079 depending on skills and experience)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.