DCC Executive Assistant
An Executive Assistant to our Deputy Chief Constable is required on a 13 month Fixed Term contract paying £31,982.89 plus £2520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based at our Force Headquarters in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As an Executive Assistant with BTP you will provide a high level management and business support function to the Deputy Chief Constable. The Executive Assistant will identify and help to resolve issues and make decisions that impact on day to day delivery as well as longer term strategic issues.
As an Executive Assistant you will be required to:
- Manage the response to all enquiries to the Deputy Chief Constable, identify and resolve issues, and make decisions which result in a professional and satisfactory outcome.
- Manage the Deputy Chief Constable's complex and extensive schedule and produce detailed daily briefing packs that provide the Deputy Chief Constable with sufficient information to ensure he is thoroughly prepared for all meetings.
- Coordinate and manage the support provided to, and work of, the Deputy Chief Constable, delegating work to others, whilst ensuring an efficient, effective and highly professional operation of the office.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Executive Assistant will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Minimum of 3 years executive level administrative and management experience gained in a large multi-functional organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven experience of building productive relationships with senior stakeholders and colleagues
- Experience of preparing reports, presentations and correspondence
- Experience of providing executive level support to Board meetings.
If you are interested in applying for this Executive Assistant role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £31,982.89 plus £2520 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discount
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.