Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Manager
A Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Manager is required for a permanent role with British Transport Police Authority paying £39,732.10 per annum inclusive of London Allowance.
The Authority’s primary statutory purpose is to secure the maintenance of an efficient and effective police force for the railways through British Transport Police. BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day BTP ensures the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Manager you will be required to act as the authority’s account manager for all statutory groups and champion effective stakeholder relationship management at all levels.
Key activities include:
- Manage the development and implementation of the Authority’s annual Stakeholder Engagement Plan
- Be responsible for day-to-day management of BTPA’s relationships with stakeholders
- Identify and develop best practice for the Authority in relation to effective communications and stakeholder engagement
- Provide media advice for the Authority and support the Chairman and Chief Executive with enquiries
Key requirements include:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience
- Understanding and experience of internal and external stakeholder engagement needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in the use of WordPress
- Experience of the challenges facing policing
In return for your experience as Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Manager, we can offer you:
- Salary of £39,732.10 including London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants should review the attached document that details more information on the role and the application process. Applications must be received by Thursday 15th February. A CV and supporting statement should then be sent to BTPArecruitment@btp.pnn.police.uk
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Samantha Elvy, Head of Strategy, Engagement and Planning, on 020 7383 7325 or at email@example.com.
This opportunity is closed to applications.