Crime Prevention Design Advisor
A Crime Prevention Design Advisor is required on a permanent part time basis paying £12,853.62 plus £1,247.50 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based at our Force Headquarters in London. Part time hours are 18.5 per week.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As Crime Prevention Design Advisor with BTP you will be required to support the British Transport Police Strategic Plan by delivering a crime reduction service to reduce crime occurring on the railway, to reduce disruption to the railway network and to increase passenger confidence across the transport network.
As a Crime Prevention Design Advisor you will be required to:
- Proactively support and promote the development and implementation of crime reduction activities through Operation Trafalgar and the Crime Reduction Referral Teams.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Crime Prevention Design Advisor will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- To be formally qualified in crime prevention and designing out crime.
- Proven experience in crime reduction techniques and using problem solving models.
- Proven experience in designing out crime – interpreting architectural plans and giving advice to project teams.
- Awareness of security products and their use in crime prevention / reduction initiatives (i.e. CCTV, fencing, doors and locks, glazing, counter terrorism measures, etc)
- Proven record of partnership working in order to resolve an issue and come to a positive conclusion (Examples of projects and partnership working within them would be desirable).
- Awareness of Policing and BTP – BTP structure and priorities. Knowledge of the railway industry would also be desirable.
If you are interested in applying to this Crime Prevention Design Advisor role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- £12,853.62 plus £1,247.50 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.