An Operations Manager is required for a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract role paying £46,766.20 plus £2495 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As an Operations Manager with BTP you will be responsible for the effective operational delivery of the Justice Solutions within the Justice Department and for the operational delivery of the Evidence Review Gateway team.
Accountable and responsible for the effective running of the teams within Justice Solutions: Legal, and Justice Development.
Manage and coordinate legal research with the aim of ensuring BTP are at the forefront of legislative and policy changes ensuring accurate interpretation, analysis and timely distribution to key customers to ensure officers and staff are working within legal parameters.
The post holder will have a Detective Inspector reporting directly to them, reporting the the DI are 3 managers, a detective sergent and 20 evidence review officers.
As an Operations Manager you will be required to:
• Define formulate and recommend on-going strategy and procedures and ensure best practice is identified and followed. Provide motivation, leadership and direction to the Justice Department staff.
• Manage operational delivery of legislative advice/guidance, legislative/justice horizon scanning, Justice Project Management and process change.
• Manage all aspects of Horizon Scanning within the Criminal Justice arena assessing changes, translating the potential impact on operational policing and Force functions into changes to Force process, procedure and policy.
Further and more in depth information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Operations Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Proven ability to influence and negotiate with all people at all levels, both internally and externally, in a positive and professional manner
• High attention to detail including the ability to sift through large amounts of material utilizing analytical skills to grasp key points, able to analyse, interpret and comment on internal and external reports and data
• Strong relationship management and team working skills with the ability to establish immediate rapport utilising integrity and approachability, ensuring colleagues and staff feel able to discuss sensitive and confidential issues
If you are interested in applying to this Operations Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary £46,766.20 plus £2475 London Allowance
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period/probation for current substantive posting.