A Project Accountant is required for a 12 month fixed term contract role paying up to £36,843.67 plus £2495 London Allowance pro rata with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, Central London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As Project Accountant with BTP you will support Project Managers in developing financial aspects of business cases and ensure that captial and revenue consequences are included in the medium term financial plan; manage and track the financials of confirmed and potential business to pass on to the Business Partner team for forecasting purposes and develop an appropriate cost centre structure to support financial analysis and decision making.
As Project Accountant you will be required to:
- Identify the capital and revenue requirements and feeding these into the annual budget and business planning cycle.
- Lead on the provision of analysis support and linking of money with programme/project KPIs and milestones.
- Prepare, compile, analyse and co-ordinate information for internal and external auditors to ensure accurate and timely information is provided to auditors.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Project Accountant will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Member of one of the Consultative Committees of Accounting Bodies, e.g. ACCA, CIPFA, ICAEW, ICAI or ICAS with evidence of CPD
- Experience in a senior responsible position within a finance function
- Sound understanding and proven experience of delivering project accounting.
- Experience of projects and capital accounting.
If you are interested in applying to this Project Accountant role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £36,843.67 plus £2495 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance and that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR for current substantive posting.