Purpose of the role
Based within our central-London Firearms Unit, the role holder will undertake safety inspections and general maintenance of specific firearms and prohibited weapons used by the force, ensuring all appropriate paperwork and records are maintained for the unit.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate good organisation and administration skills, with previous experience in weapons maintenance in a professional context and a good understanding of safety procedures in weapons handling.
The main responsibilities of the role entail:
- Planned maintenance and servicing of all BTP firearms, tasers and associated ancillaries.
- Assessment of reported faults on all BTP firearms/tasers and repair of same, in-house or externally.
- Maintaining database of all BTP weapons, showing type and location, servicing dates, repairs and movements.
- Monitor order and store spare parts for planned maintenance schedules and implement repairs if able.
- Liaise with other police forces, manufactures and other outside agencies regarding weapon development, factory repair and refurbishment where required.
- Provide equipment for demonstration, discussions and assist with same.
- Be responsible for the downloading of information recorded by tasers in the force, and maintaining the database.
- Be responsible for the booking in and out of weapons and ammunition.
- Be responsible for the order/procurement of all ammunition/munitions for force use.
- Be responsible for the maintaining of records relating to the training of firearms/taser officers within the force.
- Undertake any other reasonable task at the request of the unit management.
For further information regarding the role please see the attached profile.
The salary for this role is £22,626.98 plus a London Allowance
In order to be considered for this role applicants must also meet the initial eligibility requirements below:
- Previous experience in maintaining firearms and tasers, including a good working knowledge of firearms and safe weapon handling
- Experience in accurate record-keeping
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to be assertive with more senior colleagues
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please submit an online application form by clicking the 'apply' button, below. All applications will be subject to a paper sift, in line with the required competencies and criteria for the role. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview and any appropriate assessment(s).
For further information please call the Recruitment Team on 0121 634 5630.
This opportunity is closed to applications.