A Treasury Accountant is required on a permanent contract paying £41,106.61 plus £2,520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Higher Analyst with BTP you will development of a detailed and accurate cash flow forecasting model. This model will forecast the cash flow for the whole of organisation.
Management of BTP’s cash flow forecasting work.
Development of short and long term cash flow reports to the Finance Director and Chief Officer Group to enable strategic decision making.
Reporting to the BTP Authority’s executive team and Authority Member’s on the cash flow impact of key strategic decisions.
As a Treasury Accountant you will be required to:
- Develop the cash flow model to improve level of accuracy, allow quick and timely updates and to improve long term forecasting.
- Responsible for managing the reconciliation of the current account on a weekly basis with the support of the Junior Financial Accountant.
- Support the Financial Accounts team in the overall management and review of the Financial Accounts.
- Liaise directly with internal customers as required to ensure accurate information is used for cash flow assumptions and receivables reporting.
- Be an ambassador for the Department, representing the Finance Director as required
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Treasury Accountant will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)- fully qualified
- Preparing cash flows and developing cash flow models
- Ability to apply technical accounting skills and data analytical skills to a large amount of data and report in a transparent and succinct manner
- Identifying the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding an developing pragmatic solutions
If you are interested in applying to this Treasury Accountant role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £41,106.61 plus £2,520 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.