Police Dog Instructor
British Transport police (BTP) require a Police Dog Instructor on a permanent contract paying £31,982.89 plus a London Allowance of £2,520.00 to join our Dog Training School in Keston, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Police Dog Instructor, you will support the achievement of Divisional and Force-wide objectives through the design and delivery of training for the forces general purpose and specialist police dog teams, ensuring all teams meet and maintain the require NPCC Police Dog Licensing Standards.
The post holder will be required to travel within the UK as part of the role, and overnight stays may be required.
In return, we can offer you:
- Salary of £31,982.89 plus a London Allowance of £2,520.00
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
The main responsibilities of the role entail:
- Effective assessment of dogs and potential handlers for suitability
- Delivery of dog / handler training courses and compilation of appropriate training assessment reports
- Delivery of basic and referral General Purpose and/or Explosives Search Dog courses
- Effective problem solving to address officers / dogs on referral courses
- Quality assessment of dogs / handlers in the operational environment
- Any other reasonable duty as requested.
For further information regarding the role please see the attached profile.
In order to be considered for this role applicants must also meet the initial eligibility requirements below:
- Accredited NPCC Dog Training Instructor for General Purpose Police Dog and/or Explosive Search/Passive Scanning Dog
- Experience as an operational Police Dog Handler, having handled at least two operational police dogs
- Experience as a NPCC-accredited General Purpose Police Dog and/or Explosive Search Passive Scanning Instructor
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- ability to manage and develop people
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.