Resilience Planning and Business Continuity Coordinator
British Transport police (BTP) require a Resilience Planning and Business Continuity Coordinator on a permanent contract paying £31,982.89 plus a London Allowance of £2,520.00 to join our Specialist Operations Unit in central London (N7).
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Resilience Planning and Business Continuity Coordinator, you will act as the strategic national lead for Resilience Planning and Business Continuity Force-wide, providing guidance and advice to areas of the business and ensuring BTP has a corporate response to its statutory responsibilities under the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 and other national guidelines.
As a Reslience Planning and Business Continuity Coordinator, you will be required to:
- Manage the overall strategy of contingency planning and business continuity on a national level for BTP ensuring BTP compliance with its statutory obligations by developing and maintaining relationships with key internal stakeholders with particular focus on the Force Mobilisation Plan and by working with Area Inspectors (Operations) to ensure effective management of the Area based Mobilisation Plans.
- Direct, co-ordinate and deliver all internal Business Continuity training and associated activities within BTP, to meet the required short and long term requirements of BTP using the most effective training methods
- Provide leadership to the Divisional Resilience Planning Officers and Resilience Planning Assistant, quality assuring Force and Divisional level plans and ensuring BTP has a high level of Emergency Preparedness that is grounded in the levels of inter-agency co-operation and shared understanding that will enable an effective response and on-site support to major incidents
- Provide strategic and tactical support to the Force Resilience Planning Lead (Inspector) Chief Inspector Operations and Divisional Chief Inspector Operations in the design, planning and implementation of Central and Divisional based internal and external Emergency Preparedness tests and exercises. Manage the debriefing process for the above exercises, preparing relevant management reports to ensure all strategic learning is captured.
- Provide high level specialist advice and guidance to the Force Executive Board on Emergency Preparedness and Risk Management, working to ensure BTP meets its obligations in relation to BTP strategic objectives, legislative requirements and operational demand.
- Design, implement and participate in Force level projects relating to Emergency Preparedness and BTP’s response to major Incidents.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders (including Divisional Commanders, FEB members and external partners) to raise awareness of the Civil Contingencies Act, wider Resilience planning issues and corporate standards through presentations/ briefings, representing BTP internal/external meetings and by contributing to the planning process for major events
- Undertake the role of specialist Resilience tactical advisor to the Gold Commander in the event of an activation of the FHQ Gold Support function.
- Deputise for the Force Resilience Planning Lead (Inspector) as required.
- Identify and use external agencies as required to be able to meet the requirements of the Senior Command Team for Business Continuity in a professional and cost effective manner
- Prepare statistical breakdowns and analysis for SCT on a regular and ad hoc basis and review these with the appropriate Area Commander or FHQ Department Head, to promote effective Business Continuity Management
Please see the attached Job Description for further information
In return, we can offer you:
- Salary of £31,982.89 plus a London Allowance of £2,520.00
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant knowledge and/or experience within a Cat 1 or 2 Responder organisation.
- A relevant professional qualification from the National Emergency Planning College (e.g. Creating Emergency Plans) or Business Continuity Institute, or other relevant accredited professional qualification
- Part or full MEPS membership of the Emergency Planning Society or Business Continuity Institute
- Proven extensive experience of Emergency Planning within a category 1 or 2 responder organization (as defined by the Civil Contingencies Act 2004).
- Proven experience of implementing the Business Continuity planning cycle and conducting Business Impact assessments within a large organisation.
- Experience of line management and leadership, including the coordination of activities undertaken by outbased employees. Experience of providing advice and guidance on emergency preparedness, Business Continuity and Risk management across all levels of an organisation.
- Experience of the planning and conducting of table top and “live” exercises, preferably at a multi agency level
Please note that the post holder may be required to work at locations across England, Wales and Scotland with an overnight stay sometimes necessary. It is therefore necessary foir the successful candidate to demonstrate flexibility in terms of their working hours or days in line with demands of the role. The post holder may be required to drive a BTP vehicle on occasion as part of their duties (some external meetings are held at locations not within reasonable distance of the rail network).
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.