Business Support Officer
A Business Support Officer is required for a permanent role paying £28,484.30 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Business Support Officer with BTP you will form part of the Digital Policing Programme Team delivering digital change across the Force.
Key activities include:
- The post holder will provide specialist advice and guidance regarding the functionality and capability of policing systems
- Provide training to the professional users of the system, and where needed, support the wider system usage by creating training materials
- Liaise with suppliers of core BTP systems to resolve issues requiring their support
Key requirements include:
- Demonstrable experience of effectively operating a business database
- Experience of delivering first line support to users in a service delivery environment
- Strong IT skills including experience of using a range of Microsoft packages
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary of £28,484.30 (£25,964.30 base + £2,520 London Allowance)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.