GIS and BI Manager
A GIS and BI Manager is required for a 9 month fixed term contract with the British Transport Police based in Camden, London.
The British Transport Police ensures the transit community is secure, supporting six million commuters and railway staff each year. BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. The GIS and Business Intelligence Manager is responsible for leading a multi-disciplined team of 8 staff, focussing on all GIS and Business Intelligence support. This is an excellent opportunity to take charge of a growth area within the Technology Department.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensuring the needs of the Force are met in terms of our GIS and BI offering.
• Offer strategic input for new technologies and ways of working.
• IT Service management of the GIS & BI solutions
• Supplier contract management
Key requirements for this role include:
• Experience of leading either a GIS or Business Intelligence team.
• Experience of delivering technical projects.
• Experience in the management of Internal/External Stakeholders
• Background in GIS/BI with a focus to solving complex business problems
• Experience in the delivery of Cloud based technologies would be advantageous.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary of £49,753.86 (£47,233.86 + £2,520 London Allowance)
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension scheme
• Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.