Station Administrator - Central London Police Station
A Station Administrator is required for a full time, permanent contract role paying £20,117.79 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Central London Police Station.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Station Administrator with BTP you will provide professional, efficient, proactive and comprehensive administrative support, carrying out general office duties.
As a Station Administrator you will be required to:
• Provide a full administrative service to include (as required) typing, email, processing general accounts, petty cash and invoices, data entry, and creating and maintaining files and databases to track activities and workloads.
• Compile accurate financial, statistical and management information as appropriate. Reconcile and despatch daily/weekly/period returns (e.g. for vehicle use, timesheets, overtime, expenses, DNA samples) and process for payment or report in liaison with other departments, to agreed guidelines and timescales. Research, collate and analyse information and prepare timely reports, files, briefing papers and presentations to enable managers and others to communicate with internal and external contacts and to aid their understanding of current issues on a variety of sensitive and confidential matters.
• First point of contact for all callers, contractors and visitors, including distressed members of the public, ensuring they are dealt with promptly, efficiently and courteously. Intercept and make telephone calls on behalf of the manager or team, liaising with internal staff and external contacts at all levels, resolving issues proactively.
• To make daily checks of the temporary property store/temporary DNA freezer and to check any new items against KIM to make sure they match and transfer these items to the respective main property stores along with daily checks of on the transferred in queue to match physical items to entries.
• To review regularly items of property that can be disposed ensuring that property receipts are obtained for their disposal and to clear from KIM.
• To review daily the number of new CCTV entries created by the CCTV SWQ department and to show their status as current in accordance with Governance instructions
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Station Administrator will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with staff at all levels both internally and externally.
• Ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure, dealing with members of the public or to demanding deadlines whilst maintaining a flexible approach.
If you are interested in applying to this role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary £20,117.79
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.