Health and Safety (H&S) Advisor
A Health and Safety Advisor is required on a permanent basis paying £29,152.41 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
As an Health and Safety Advisor you will be required to:
- Proactively promote a positive health and safety environment
- Assist in the review of risk assessments for new buildings, premises and refurbishments.
- Assist managers in undertaking accident investigations where they need help.
- Help to maintain up to date, accurate, written and computer records on all contacts, including maintaining adequate information systems on topics including civil and criminal law, health and safety management and technical advances.
- Manage information in compliance with BTP record keeping and information management practices and requirements
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will be required to have the following qualifications and evidence the following skills:
- A successful track record of consistent achievement as a H&S professional in a large multi-disciplined operational organisation.
- Technical member of IOSH or equivalent membership body and an approved, recognised certificate in Fire Safety and Fire Risk Assessments.
- Experience in investigating accidents, including interviewing staff at all levels and collecting evidence in accordance with professional and legal standards.
If you are interested in applying to this Health and Safety Advisor role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary paying £29,152.41 per annum.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.