National Campaigns Manager
- Do you get a sense of pride, knowing that the national campaign you produced saved lives?
- Do you get a buzz when people passionately engage in a discussion, as a result of a social media campaign that you initiated?
- Do you get a feeling of satisfaction when the team you’ve nurtured come together and design an amazingly creative campaign that gets results?
If the answer to those questions is yes, then read on.
Here at British Transport Police (BTP) Force Headquarters in Camden we are looking to recruit an outstanding National Campaigns Manager. The role is on a permanent basis paying £41,106.61 per annum, plus £2,520 London Allowance and £4,000 on call allowance
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a National Campaigns Manager you will support the Force in achieving its strategic objectives by leading, directing and coordinating the delivery of integrated forcewide communications campaigns and activity.
As a National Campaigns Manager you will:
- Provide expert advice to BTP on the strategic management of high profile forcewide communications to support the force in achieving its strategic objectives and to raise its profile and enhance and protect its reputation.
- Influence public behaviour and build BTP’s reputation through national campaign activity.
- Provide expert, strategic advice on communication handling during major incidents and crises and on reputational matters.
- Lead, direct and coordinate a team of communications specialists to deliver integrated forcewide communications campaigns and activity on time and budget, and provide support for forcewide events, including awards ceremonies and exhibitions.
- Represent BTP, influencing and playing an active role, in various rail and policing industry communications forums,.
- Work as part of an on-call rota, responding to out-of-hours enquiries from the media and internal colleagues
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful National Campaigns Manager will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Leading and directing communications specialists across disciplines
- Proven experience of planning, delivering and evaluating integrated communications strategies for a large and complex organisation on time and on budget
- Providing strategic communications advice at a senior level
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate, demonstrating gravitas and establishing credibility when giving advice and guidance at all levels of the organisation
- Building and maintaining excellent working relationships with multiple partners and stakeholders and acting as a representative at a senior level
- High degree of social media and web literacy – professional use of social media channels and management software and analytics, and professional management of a website using a content management system
If you feel you’ve got what it takes to be BTP’s National Campaigns Manager get in touch now as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates come forward.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £41,106.61 per annum plus £2,520 London Allowance and £4,000 on-call allowance.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.