HR Service Desk Team Leader
A HR Service Desk Team Leader is required on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract paying £25,964.30 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a HR Service Desk Team Leader with BTP you will be expected to supervise the day to day activities of the HR service desk – monitoring workload, resources and team performance and taking corrective action so that all performance and service measures are achieved in line with legislative requirements.
As a HR Service Desk Team Leader you will be required to:
- Supervise the service delivery of the HR Service Desk, ensuring that all transactional contacts, HR administration, data processing and maintenance, records/filing are dealt with to the required standards and that objectives are met.
- Allocate/Supervise the caseload delivered by the rest of the team, ensuring the involvement of the HR function and others as appropriate, taking remedial action as necessary, so that caseloads are handled to the required standards of service, efficiency and compliance.
- Provide HR senior management with reporting/data as required on HR Service Desk activities highlighting any possible problems and solutions in achieving SLA’s / KPI’s.
- Manage customer and colleague relationships (internally and externally) so as to maximise the effectiveness of BTP & BTP HR and ensure the good reputation of both.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful HR Service Desk Team Leader will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Successful track record in a service desk team leader role in a shared service / customer contact centre environment as part of a large, multi-disciplined operational organisation.
- Experience of managing work flow focusing on quality and timeliness.
- Experience in developing good working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally.
If you are interested in applying to this HR Service Desk Team Leader role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £25,964.30 per annum.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.