Intelligence Development Officer/PC Secondment
An Intelligence Development Officer is required for a 12 month fixed term contract/secondment opportunity for internal police constables paying £25,964.30 plus £2520 London Allowance if applicable with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As an Intelligence Development Officer with BTP you will support several functions of the PSDIU; these functions include covert intelligence management (CIM), sensitive intelligence development (IDU), covert operations and product management, all matters relating to lawful business monitoring and audit and governance.
IDOs within the PSDIU manage various forms of risk related intelligence, including developing, parallel sourcing and briefing risk related intelligence within the Force whilst protecting the source of the information.
The primary purpose of the intelligence officer is to identify, exploit, manage and develop covertly obtained material, fulfilling intelligence objectives in accordance with operational, departmental and strategic priorities, and conducting intelligence enquiries within a framework to effectively manage organisational risk.
As an Intelligence Development Officer you will be required to:
• Analyse information, investigate, develop, plan and pursue a course of action in line with the operational / strategic objectives, seeking and collating overt and covert intelligence in order to build a comprehensive picture of the criminality or corruption; where appropriate, to identify and communicate operational / intelligence crossovers to better inform tactical resourcing decisions.
• To undertake intelligence enquiries utilising approved overt and covert operational tactics in line with legislation, stated cases and guidelines such as RIPA, ECHR, R v Johnson with a view to developing intelligence in support of operations / investigations; to operationally support covert units including the Force surveillance team, Dedicated Source Units, Level 2 Technical Support Unit, Prison Intelligence Officers and other PSD units around the country.
• To maintain and develop close liaison with other departments and Counter Corruption Units, PSDIU's ensuring that intelligence is effectively shared; to attend relevant operational / tactical meetings internal and external to BTP.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Intelligence Development Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative. Able to liaise with internal and external contacts to establish and develop a two-way exchange of intelligence / information.
• Communicates in a clear and concise manner. The post holder will be expected to attend internal / external meetings and to brief / debrief relevant stakeholders.
• Good written communication skills with the ability to prepare operational briefings to a high standard; the post holder will be accountable for the sensitivity of the document and as such, will be responsible for sanitising content in line with GPMS handling conditions.
If you are interested in applying to this Intelligence Development Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary up to £25,964.30 plus £2520 London Allowance
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.