A Vetting Administrator is required on a permanent contract paying £20,117.79 plus £2,520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Vetting Administrator with BTP you will support the Vetting Team in undertaking vetting for all levels of police officers and staff, within the framework of the Force Vetting Policy.
As a Vetting Administrator you will be required to:
• Provide a full administrative service to the Vetting Team including (as required) typing, email, word processing, creating and maintaining files and databases to track activities and workloads.
• Research collate and analyse information and prepare timely reports, files, briefing papers and presentations to enable the Vetting Team on a variety of matters, often of a sensitive and confidential nature.
• Act as first point of contact for all callers and visitors ensuring they are dealt with promptly, efficiently and courteously. Conduct written and telephone communications on behalf of the Vetting Team as required.
• Organise meetings and events for the Vetting Team, including any travel and accommodation required.
• Maintain, update and archive documents and folders in compliance with BTP procedures and Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act principles and provisions.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Vetting Administrator will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Previous experience of data entry work requiring high levels of accuracy.
• Previous administrative or secretarial experience with a high level of organisational ability and attention to detail.
• Experience in exercising diplomacy, tact and discretion in managing sensitive, personal and confidential matters.
If you are interested in applying to this Vetting Administrator role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary up to £20,117.79 plus £2,520 London Allowance if applicable
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.