A Vetting Officer is required for a 12 month fixed term contract paying £25,964.30 plus £2520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London. BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
As a Vetting Officer with BTP you will To undertake vetting for all levels of police officers and staff, within the framework of the Force Vetting Policy.
As a Vetting Officer you will be required to:
• Conduct research into professional and private life, financial affairs, associations and employment history of police officers, staff and potential applicants for posts within BTP.
• Identify, investigate and assess any matter relating to the applicant’s suitability for employment which may be a potential threat to security. Make decisions on the information found whether further research is required and provide a report regarding concerns.
• Take prompt and decisive action in relation to problems encountered in the vetting process. Prioritise work according to Force targets and that of the Force Vetting Manager
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Vetting Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Ability to maintain a high level of diplomacy, tact and discretion in the managing of sensitive and confidential information.
• Be able to meet tight deadlines and prioritise own work load.
• Excellent attention to detail.
If you are interested in applying to this Vetting Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary up to £25,964.30 plus £2520 London Allowance
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.