Analyst - Performance Team
An Analyst is required within the Performance Team on a Permanent Contract paying £25,964.30 plus £2,520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As an Analyst based within the Performance Team with BTP you will conduct high quality analytical work and deliver a high quality and timely analytical service in support of BTP's objectives and priorities.
The Performance department provides a service to all areas of policing including Crime, Disruption, Confidence, Protecting Vulnerable People, Justice, HR, Research & Development and Audit & Compliance.
We are the main point of contact for all Force wide data returns, crime analysis trends and the recent implementation of the performance framework.
As a unit we also provide strategic analysis for the Chief Officer Group and the British Transport Police Authority in order to inform decision making, highlight strategic threats and opportunities available to the Force.
As an Analyst you will be required to:
• Undertake analysis of extensive data sets; including crime, intelligence, incidents, telecommunication, financial, witness/ suspect statements, statistics, interview material, partnership and open source information.
• Identify information gaps and make recommendations based on analysed data to SCT, Senior Officers, managers, other staff, senior managers within external agencies and the BTPA. Task researchers and other staff with filling identified information gaps.
• Form part of a management team and be regarded as a professional advisor for the use of analytical services and products. Provide analysis to assist in developing organisational, operational, intelligence and investigative strategies and policies.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Analyst will be required to evidence the following skills and desired skills:
• Experience of using or having used Network Rail disruption dato or Safety Management Information System data
• Experience of producing complex reports, both alone and as part of a team
• Research and analytical skills evidenced either through work experience or educational background
• Trained and experienced in using Microsoft Office applications and different databases for the purposes of research and analysis
• Experience of producing research and analysis dealing with different types of data for example data mining, use of databases
If you are interested in applying to this Analyst role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as possible. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary up to £25,964.30 plus £2520 London Allowance
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.