A Database Administrator is required for a permanent contract with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a DBA with BTP you will offer specialist SQL or Oracle support for all databases across the estate.
Key activities include:
- Responsible for installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring, maintenance and tuning of physical databases.
- Research and respond to logged issues, providing advice/training to users, devising corrections and workarounds
- To liaise with key system suppliers, business customers and technical colleagues
Key requirements include:
- Extensive experience of working as a production DBA in either Oracle or SQL Server environments
- Good experience of performance monitoring and database optimisation tools and techniques
- Good experience of backup and recovery tools and techniques.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £52,217.34 (£39,587.34 + 10% on call allowance + £2,520 London Allowance + a SFIA supplement of up to £6,152 depending on skills and experience)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances
This opportunity is closed to applications.