A Security Officer is required on a 18 Month Fixed Term Contract paying £20,610.85 per annum plus 20% shift allowance (Inclusive of London Allowance) with British Transport Police (BTP) covering both our Force headquarters and Blundell Street locations.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Security Officer with BTP you will be required to provide 24/7 security service and act as focal point for all staff and visitors to the BTP HQ premises at Camden and Blundell Street. Control of visitors, contractors, vehicles, keys and deliveries.
As a Security Officer you will be required to:
- Provide a 24/7 security and reception service to the FHQ premises including internal and external patrols and evening lock-up.
- Afford access to occupants and verify identification of visitors and contractors- both pedestrian and vehicular and inform departmental contacts upon arrival.
- Perform Health and Safety Inspections, Fault Patrols and testing of safety critical systems. Enforce no smoking and clear desk policies.
- Act as fire warden for ground and basement floors and liaise with emergency services during an emergency situation.
- Monitor CCTV and liaise with BTP and Met Police regarding CCTV footage of incidents.
- Perform weekly test of disabled toilet alarms, PA system, External door alarms, emergency lift communications system and fire fighting lift intercom system.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Security Officer will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Previous security experience
- Perform duties in accordance with guidelines and procedures but also when necessary work on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure, deal quickly with issues and liaise with emergency services/visitors/employees.
If you are interested in applying to this Security Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £18,115.85 plus £2,495 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discount
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.