A Researcher is required for an 18 Month Fixed Term Contract paying £22,626.98 plus £2495 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Researcher with BTP you will be expected to carry out high quality and timely research from various internal and external sources in connection with the operational requirements of the department/force.
Provide an effective research support to analytical staff involved in intelligence, crime and operational work.
Compile reports and briefings to support intelligence development and operational work and when required presenting such material to other staff and management.
As Researcher you will be required to:
• Collect information from various internal and external sources for the purpose of researcher and analysis. Undertake in depth open source research from both overt and covert perspectives. Identify and develop new sources of information for the purposes of analysis. The post holder will be expected to follow relevant policy and procedure relating to covert open source research.
• Collate information into a suitable format for analysis. Undertake the manipulation of large data sets, both numerical and text. The post holder will be required to produce this in a format which is best suited for analysis and highlight anomalies and irregularities within the data.
• Evaluate information gathered to assess it's usefulness and prioritise information for action.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Researcher will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Prioritisation skills to manage time and workload. The post holder must be able to evidence the ability to manage a demanding workload.
• Proven problem solving and creative thinking skills. The applicant must be able to evidence the ability to think outside the box and come up with new and innovative solutions to problems
• Previous experience in conducting in-depth research using a range of data sources and effectively displaying the presenting the results of work both verbally and in writing - whether academically or work experience.
If you are interested in applying to this Researcher role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
•Salary up to £22,626.98 plus £2495 London Allowance
•28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
•Final salary pension
•Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.