Disaster Recovery Manager
A Disaster Recovery Manager is required for an 18 month fixed term contract paying up to £50,440.62 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Disaster Recovery Manager with BTP you will provide leadership in coordinating, assessing, developing and communicating recovery environment requirements and contingency plans associated with BTP’s IT Services.
Key activities include:
- Ensure that the IT Department fully understand the Disaster Recovery requirements of the business.
- Responsibility for Data Centre and Network Recovery planning efforts.
- Lead capacity planning coordination and testing within technology to support business units in current and future activities.
Requirements for this role include:
- Experience of managing an ITIL Disaster Recovery function.
- Experience of implementing Disaster Recovery Test Regimes, and the development of reporting and exception processes.
- Experience of managing the resolution of actions and exceptions in relation to Disaster Recovery.
- Experience of leading on the definition of Disaster Recovery processes and procedures, and ensuring that they are embedded within the organization.
- Good knowledge of ITIL Disaster Recovery Processes
- Knowledge of market standard processes and tools to support Disaster Recovery
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £50,440.62 (£40,699.62 base + 10% on call allowance + £2,495 London Allowance + a SFIA supplement of up to £3,177 depending on skills and experience.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.