Occupational Health Advisor, Manchester (18 months FTC)
An Occupational Health Advisor is required on a 18 month FTC, paying up to £37,729.97 (including £4042.49 market supplement) with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Manchester. The role will involve travel to Leeds, and Edinburgh advising, supporting and assesing BTP employees in relation to Occupational Health.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As an Occupational Health (OH) Advisor with BTP you will be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and hold a relevant OH qualification.
As an Occupational Health Advisor you will be required to:
- Provide occupational health advice on Area/FHQ department cases to Area/FHQ management teams in accordance with the OH service delivery specification and agreed standards of work.
- Assist with occupational health assessments with regards to ill health, TDR and return to duty
- Liaise with external agencies as required to exchange information in support of a proactive and timely approach to case management
- Carry out vaccinations and immunisations
- Maintain up to date, accurate, confidential written and computer records on all contacts, including actions and referrals in line with BTP OH record-keeping standards and legislative requirements.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Occupational Health Advisor will be required to have the following qualifications and evidence the following skills:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and hold an OH qualification
- Proficient in producing clear, legible concise and accurate records, letters and reports on OH issues.
- Professional, persuasive and influential. Able to command the confidence of senior operational managers, employees, trade unions, external partners and other stakeholders.
- Existing experience within Occupational Health.
If you are interested in applying to this Occupational Health Advisor role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Basic salary £33,687.48 plus £4040.49 market supplement
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
Depending on experience, this vacancy may be suitable for anyone currently working as an Occupational Health Advisor, Occupational Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist or possibly Health and Safety Advisor or similar.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.