Occupational Health Advisor, Manchester (18 months FTC)
A qualified Occupational Health Advisor is required for a 18 month fixed term contract based in central Manchester will pay up to £38,066.84 (including £4042.49 market supplement) and will be working with the British Transport Police (BTP).
The role is designed to focus on the delivery of telephonic case management, although there are occasions for face to face occupational health interfacing / work with BTP staff members and officers. The role will involve occasional travel to Leeds and Edinburgh advising, supporting and assessing BTP employees in these locations, although this is anticipated to be only once or twice a month for each location.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As an Occupational Health (OH) Advisor with BTP you will be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and hold a relevant OH qualification.
As an Occupational Health Advisor you will be required to:
• Undertake sickness / absence Case management interventions and support.
• Liaise with line supervision and HR colleagues in the management of sickness and absence from work.
• Assist with occupational health assessments with regards to ill health, managing time away from and returning to duty.
• Liaise with external agencies as required to exchange information in support of a proactive and timely approach to case management.
• Support where necessary health surveillance and other fitness for task interventions.
• Maintain up to date, accurate, confidential written and computer records on all contacts, including actions and referrals in line with BTP OH record-keeping standards and legislative requirements.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Occupational Health Advisor will be required to have the following qualifications and evidence the following skills:
• Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council without practice restrictions.
• Hold at least a diploma and ideally a degree-level OH qualification.
• Experience delivering OH services support ideally in the Policing or Public sector (desirable).
• Proficient in producing clear, legible, concise and accurate records, letters and reports on OH issues.
• Professional, persuasive and influential. Able to command the confidence of senior operational managers, employees, trade unions, external partners and other stakeholders.
If you are interested in applying to this Occupational Health Advisor role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Basic salary £34,024.35 plus £4,040.49 market supplement
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.