Senior Business Objects Developer
A Lead Business Objects Developer is required for an 18 month role paying up to £48,508.30 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As Senior Business Objects Developer with BTP you will manage and participate in the delivery of specific business intelligence reporting solutions.
Key activities include:
- Designing and managing a range of Business Objects Universes.
- Designing and managing 950+ bespoke management information reports for senior officers and managers.
- Manipulating complex data sets within a data warehouse environment
Key requirements for this role include:
- Key skill Extensive experience of working with a BI reporting tool, preferably Business Objects, and use of associated programming tools including scripting, XML, TSQL/PLSQL.
- Extensive experience of supporting a BI reporting environment, including testing, migration and system support as required.
- Extensive knowledge of data warehousing tools and techniques
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £48,508.30 (£40,699.62 + 2,495 + a SFIA supplement of up to £5,313.68 depending on skills and experience)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.