CRIME OPERATIVES are required for an 18 month fixed term role paying up to £25,121.98 inclusive of London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Central London Police Station, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a CRIME OPERATIVE with BTP you will evaluate NSPIS logs in accordance with National Standards for Incident Recording (NSIR) and National Crime Recording Standards (NCRS) to ensure that where a crime has been committed it is correctly recorded.
Evaluate and allocate all recorded crime in accordance with Force and Home Office Policy.
Evaluate and allocate crime in accordance with policies and procedures.
Order CCTV in line with the Volume Crime Model and managing the process.
Manage the CRIS process in relation to transfer crimes from the Metropolitan Police.
Ensure compliance with Victims Code of Practice (VCoP) and deliver high quality of service to victims. Provide a ‘help desk’ facility for front line officers in all matters relating to crime recording, incident management, crime classification and SID completion.
Manage compliance with the Data Protection Act providing expert advice, promoting data protection compliance and best practice in setting and maintaining standards and procedures across the organisation, driving change in areas of poor or non-compliance.
Provide support and resilience to the Information Sharing Manager, providing effective advice and guidance.
As CRIME OPERATIVE you will be required to:
• To evaluate and allocate recorded crimes in accordance with Force and Home Office Policy and to ensure that it has been correctly classified and where necessary ensured CCTV evidence has been secured.
• To evaluate all NSPIS logs and investigate in line with NSIR and NCRS to ensure crimes are recorded where necessary or to close the logs to satisfy any internal or external audit.
• To ensure that officers complete Source Input Documents (SID) in line with Force and Home Office Policy and ensure that Police National Computer (PNC) and Force Crime Systems comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful CRIME OPERATIVE will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and prioritise own workload with minimal supervision
• Excellent verbal and communication skills with the ability to liaise with staff at all levels internally/externally
• Good standard of planning and organisational ability
If you are interested in applying to this CRIME OPERATIVE role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. The interview process will consist of a telephone interview followed by a face-to-face interview.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary up to £25,121.98 inclusive of London Allowance
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any caustions or convictions including those deemed 'spent' must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CV's. If CV's are recieved BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.