Divisional Resource Officer
A DIVISIONAL RESOURCE OFFICER is required for a PERMANENT CONTRACT role paying £22,626.98 plus a London Weighting of £2,495 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in our Specialist Operations Unit, CENTRAL LONDON.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a DIVISIONAL RESOURCE OFFICER with BTP you will take overall responsibility to plan, roster and update the use and deployment of appropriate staff resources to cover day to day policing, training, events and operations. You will deliver the Force's key objectives by ensuring resources are deployed effectively, efficently and in a cost-effective manner. This role is essential to ensure that DMS, part of Origin and a Force Critical System, is rigorously maintained and the data held within the system is as accurate as possible.
As a DIVISIONAL RESOURCE OFFICER, you will be required to:
- Ensure cover and skill levels are maintained by responding to changing circumstances in operational demands, and provide resource options to managers and senior officers where levels are not able to be met.
- Liaise with HR, Learning and Development and other internal departments as well as senior managers on day to day basis to identify resource issues and potential solutions.
- Produce rosters in a timely manner whilst ensuring minimum notice periods are adhered to wherever possible, to minimise costs whilst maintaining the required resource and skill levels to efficiently discharge all duties and uphold the reputation of the Force.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful DIVISIONAL RESOURCE OFFICER will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy with an advanced knowledge of Office applications, including Excel and Outlook.
- Able to work under high pressure to tight timescales, and manage a heavy workload as part of a team or under own initiative
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £22,626.98, plus London Weighting of £2,495
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.