Senior Hi Tech Crime Investigator
A Senior Hi Tech Crime Investigator is required on a permanent contract paying up £31,013.20 (dependant on experience) plus £3,957 Market Supplement and £2,520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based at Bridge Bridge, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Senior Hi Tech Crime Investigator you will be required to provide effective forensic expertise that is professional, readily accessible and cost effective in order to support the investigative process from initial case acceptance to conclusion. To support investigating officers through the seizure of computer equipment, forensic data recovery and subsequent forensic handling of digital data and evidence including the imaging of computer material.
As a Senior Hi Tech Crime Investigator you will be required to:
- To conduct digital forensic examinations within the confines of ISO 17025, ensuring continuing compliance and competence
- To conduct laboratory based examinations of items/exhibits to support investigations. Ensure integrity and continuity of items by correct handling, storage, documentation
- To utilise a range of hardware and software to produce evidential and working copies of seized computer evidence
- To provide specialist advice and knowledge to colleagues, partners and other individuals and agencies to support the achievement of organisational objectives (at scene or in a laboratory)
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful as a Senior Hi Tech Crime Investigator will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Educated to degree level in Computer Forensics or equivalent experience
- Qualification in at least one form of mobile phone forensic software (Cellebrite/XRY)
- Qualification in at least one form of digital forensic software (FTK/Blackbag/Encase)
If you are interested in applying to this Senior Hi Tech Crime Investigator role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £31,013.20 dependant on experience plus £3,957 Market Supplement and £2,520 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.